The Wanakena Footbridge


Wanakena Footbridge Sign

Wanakena Footbridge

Built c. 1902 by the Rich Lumber Co., this suspension bridge spans 171 feet between the supporting towers and was constructed to make access to the mill, residential and commercial areas of Wanakena.

 

In 1999, the Wanakena Footbridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Images:
The Wanakena Footbridge
Approach to the bridge
The bridge on a beautiful fall day
Another beautiful fall day
Footbridge - 2003
Footbridge Dedication 1999
Footbridge dedication 1999
Ice Jam March 2000
Ice Jam March 2000
Ice Jam March 2000
Ice Jam March 2000
Poem about the bridge
Another poem about the bridge

 

 

© 2014 Town Of Fine, St.Lawrence County